So thanks to the lovely Harley-Rose over at Lola’s Patchwork, I’ve been nominated for a Liebster’s Award; designed for bloggers who have under 200 followers. It’s purpose is to help build up your network as a beginner blogger and serves as a lovely little welcome to the blog community!
Here are the guidelines for the Liebster award:
1. Link back to the person who nominated you
2. Answer the 11 questions given to you by the person who nominated you
3. Nominate another 11 bloggers who have under 200 followers to pass the award onto
4. Come up with 11 other questions for your nominees
5. Notify the bloggers whom you have nominated
6. Some bloggers can also include 11 random facts about themselves, but this is optional!
1. What’s the best bargain item you’ve ever had?
A couple of times a year my friend and I plan a shopping spree, usually at Bluewater or one of the London Westfields. It mostly involves plenty of unnecessary purchases (the best kind), sushi for lunch, and quite a bit of talking each other into buying more! Despite our splurging however we usually manage to find some good bargains; and one of my best was a pair of gorgeous leather boots cut down from £140 to £25. When I found they only had one pair left and they were my size it was a done deal!
2. Are you careful with your pennies or an impulsive shopper?
I think my first answer above ^^ gives the game away here… definitely an impulse shopper!
3. What’s your pride and joy product/clothing/accessory?
I have a huge weakness for all things Mulberry; so I’d have to pick the lovely make-up/wash bag I splashed out on a couple of years ago.
4. What’s your morning beauty regimen?
I always wash my face with some sort of cleanser, and then use a tinted moisturiser or primer as a base for my foundation. I always moisturise my body too, currently using Lush Vanilla Dee-Lite which is one of my favourite scents.
5. If you could only have 3 beauty products what would they be?
Tinted moisturiser (with spf…is that cheating if it’s multi-functional?!), eyebrow pencil, and Chanel CoCo eau de parfum.
6. What’s in your hand bag?
The quicker question might be what isn’t in my handbag! I’m one of those Mary Poppins-types with everything I could possibly need and lots that I probably don’t. Essentials though are my oft-abused wallet, bike keys, headphones, iPhone, glasses and a bit of makeup.
7. What’s your pet peeve when it comes to beauty/fashion?
I’m a strong believer in dressing for your own body type and style rather than following the latest fads and trends for the sake of it. I’ve never been one to spend lots of money on something that probably doesn’t suit me much and that I’ll only wear a couple of months; I’d much rather invest in some premium beauty products or a new handbag!
8. What/who made you start blogging?
Starting a blog had been on my long term to-do list for quite a while, but it was my friend (over at AprilTodd.com) that finally inspired me to get started.
9. What do you have on your desk when you’re blogging?
During the day I sometimes write on my lunchbreak at work, and my desk is littered with Paperchase accessories, scrawled post-it notes and lots of coffee. In the evenings I mostly sit in bed surrounded by magazines, my ipad, camera and a glass or two of red wine with a film on in the background.
10. What’s your advice to fellow bloggers?
Don’t underestimate the amount of time you have to be prepared to spend on your blog, and be sure to go for quality over quantity when it comes to social media. Choose the most relevant platforms for your site and not all of them, (whether it’s Twitter, Pinterest, Tumblr, etc), and use them as often as you can.
11. What’s your day job?
I’m a Marketing Campaign Manager working in Central London, close to St Pauls.
My nominations are…
- Not Your Average Fairytale
- Fashion Galaxies XO
- Bethany Worrall
- Felice Mai Dopo
- Fashion Etc
- Pretty Little Things
- MakeUp Diary
- Costello Beauty Reviews
- Beautiful Sophia
- House of Nakashiima
And here are your questions!
- What’s your favourite cocktail?
- What five products/accessories could you not live without?
- What is your favourite song of all time?
- What’s the best bit of advice you’ve ever received?
- If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?
- What’s your favourite shade of lippy?
- What’s the best thing you’ve bought in the last six months?
- What’s your favourite beauty brand?
- What’s the biggest beauty error you’ve made?
- How many hours do you spend a week on your blog?
- Who’s your favourite person from history?